It started with a big case of the nerves and a lot of I don't want to go to the recital...
Look at this tense face!
Finally talked him into the building and he sat by MeeMaw which seemed to calm him down a little.
We didn't say a word to him. There were about 15 kids and he was 3rd to last. When it was his turn I said, "James it's your turn." and he looked at me like he was about the say no and then he got up and walked to the front. I was so proud of him. I knew that would be the hardest part.
He had memorized his music, but I told him he could take it if he wanted.
Look at that SMILE!! oh yeah, I LOVE to play the piano!
He played Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Happy Holidays, Jingle Bells and My Secret Valentine
He exited quickly.
James with his piano teacher. He was so glad that he had played at the recital and he did a great job!
We had Adlee over tonight and it was so much fun!
"So Uncle Mark, you're saying the bear stayed UP for Christmas?"
James, Lydia, cousin Adlee (who is a big sister to be as her pjs say) and Evelyn
2 comments:
Yea for James!!! Recitals ARE nerve-wracking!
Four songs! Yikers! Way to go James! I want to hear a recital when we are in KS.
Post a Comment