Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

It started as a really nice day.



I want to try to get a profile shot of the kids, but only James really understood what I was going for.
Then we went to church, came home and ate. Then Mark decided to start repairing the deck. The very first board he popped up had a family of opossums living under it. Momma and "several" babies. I called dad and then I called animal control (who will not FYI come and get an opossum). It was pouring rain and we had decided that once it stopped we (meaning Mark) would "dispose" of the opossum family. So he bravely went out to get it done and popped up a couple more boards and the opossum family had wised up and moved (I'm sure to another part of the deck, but I'm trying not to think about that right now). He did find an opossum skull. It rained more, so we are not working on the deck anymore tonight. The moral of this story according to my mom, in the background as I'm talking to dad, "That's why you should never let the kids go outside barefoot."

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Oh dear! A momma and babies? Maybe they can find a nice home under your neighbors deck.